Actually it was pmailkey who changed the tags on that structure a few months
back and did other incorrect changes to what's left of the viaduct. I've now
reverted.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Robinson [mailto:ajrli...@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 July 2015 22:24
To: 'Andy Townsend'; talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
Subject: RE: [Talk-GB] Thrapston viaduct

We could take that line of thought further. A viaduct/bridge etc actually has
nothing to do with a railway per se. It’s a structural object in its own right.
What we should be doing is rendering the bridge structure first and then if
appropriate putting a way over the top if the structure is in use in some way -
whether original railway (current or disused), unofficial footpath or
designated cycleway etc.

Vauxhall/Bordesley Viaduct in Birmingham was built to carry a railway over it
but was never used because the rail connection was never made. Its currently
tagged as railway=disused but that’s not really true.

Cheers
Andy