SK53 wrote:
Quick look (Nottingham, of course):

   - Polygons look OK
   - Many features missing (e.g., University of Nottingham Main Campus,
   both sites of Dunkirk Primary School
   - Old features present (e.g., Elms Primary School, closed prior to 2011)
   - Reasonably well attributed.

At the very least it could be used to hunt for missing schools (which I've
done a bit of in N Scotland using Food Hygiene data).

Having looked at OpenMap Local for Edinburgh a while ago, my impression is
that they have used some rather primitive rules to identify "important
buildings".  It picks up anything with "school" in the name, but fails to
mark most of the city landmarks - things that are shown in their older "Street
View" data.  So yes, it might work for schools - but not much else.

Cheers,  Phil.