Hi,

A few updates on the school mapping project (sorry if I missed any, I've
been away from it a little so may have missed a few things):

1. Trial of Loomio
In the loomio trial we have decided to attempt a press release. Gregory has
got a great draft up already for review [A] and you can join the discussion
at loomio at [2B]

[A] https://hackpad.com/OSM-UK-Schools-Project-bcgTXlEJ0K3
[B] https://www.loomio.org/invitations/1f686576bce85c49f956

2. Mapping guide
One way to introduce new people to OpenStreetMap is via the school project.
There is now a picture based mapping guide. More guides are always welcome
:-)
http://www.mappa-mercia.org/2016/02/how-to-map-a-school-in-openstreetmap.html

3. More clean-up of duplicated data
Total number of amenity=school features has stalled a little at the moment.
Still lots of mapping activity so this is a sign of another round of
clean-up of duplicated ways.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G9KXfp4Ho3fVROO9MxotcYTydl9CEXB_fi5ko2pM5Kc/edit#gid=1336142515

4. Plenty still mapping though :-)
This must just be a clean-up exercise as we still have plenty of people
mapping (often 20+ per day doing 150+ edits per day).

5. We hit 3000 new amenity=school features
Harry's tracker shows whether an edit to a school was a "creation" or a
"modification". We just hit 3000 creations !!

6. Inclusion of official reference
The total number of objects with edubase or seedcode references has topped
4000! Amazing demonstration of providing links to other databases. Would be
cool to see some tool that makes use of this :)

Happy mapping,
Rob

<https://www.loomio.org/invitations/1f686576bce85c49f956>