On 13/03/16 17:31, Brian Prangle wrote:
> Following the extraordinary success of the Schools project we need  to
> decide how to proceed with the next quarter's project.
>
> There is a view we shoud rollover the project for another quarter so as
> to approach completion.

Given that there is a clean set of data to compare against, keeping the
current tools available would be appreciated. I'm hoping to have another
session myself, but moving away from my local area, that will take more
time. The data is available so lets use it.

One thing I did find while working on the schools was a lot of poor
quality data that had to be tidied at the same time. Watercourses were
the main problem with crude blue lines running straight through the land
areas I was mapping. Some were fairly easy to relocate as traces of the
real path were visible, but I was tempted at times to simply delete
them, opting instead to push them to one side where the route was not
actually detectable ... unless they run under the school buildings :) So
is a more accurate set of data available for these?

What other databases such as edubase are available?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL