I was thinking of a different possible project which perhaps we can postpone
until a different quarter rather than starting today.

There are a lot of buildings which have been traced from various imagery layers
but with no other useful information on them. Is it a shop, a house, what is
its address, etc?

I was going to suggest that we spend three months trying to gather the address
information for such buildings, and at the end of the quarter remove all the
others to give us a better idea of how complete the map is. If we just want
approximate building shapes we’ve got OS OpenData for that. At the moment they
give a false impression of completeness, and also make it harder without
zooming in to work out which areas still need a proper survey.

If the project proves successful we could extend it to farmland areas where
hedges and fences haven’t been added to break up the area.

Ed