On 01/06/16 12:12, Andy Mabbett wrote:

The Purton Hulks:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purton_Hulks

are a set of boats, which have been deliberately beached on the banks
of the River Severn, to reinforce the river banks.

The author of the above Wikipedia article and I would like to mark
each individual hulk on OSM, and to include their coordinates in the
Wikipedia article.

A Bristol University Survey map of 1996 is on page 6 of:

http://nauticalarchaeologysociety.org/sites/default/files/u9/purton_report_2008.pdf

Some of the hulks are visible in Bing imagery.

Can anyone assist? How should they be tagged?

I suggest barge=concrete ;-)

Not that I had any trouble believing you could make ships out of concrete or anything when I first heard about them as a teenager.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/