On 30/06/2016 18:13, Brian Prangle wrote:
... some farms seem to be little more than caravan storage, some have transformed into equestrian centres, small industrial parks or become just residential ...

Indeed, farms sounds like a good idea to me. Quite a few to the east of me seem to have been added as nodes with "place=farm; name=whatever's on the OS OpenData" (and sometimes name is just obviously desciptive, like "Poultry Farm"). It'd be great to have landuse mapped instead of just a single node, even if it does take a note and a subsequent survey visit to resolve what's become just residential and what hasn't.

Is any of the farm subsidy data open (in order to figure out which are genuinely still farms)?

Cheers,

Andy