On 26/07/16 19:59, Roland Olbricht wrote:
DaveF has pointed out before that the word "attic" may be difficult to
understand.

Attic is a term that comes from the RCS revision control system. I would have thought that it was a well known Americanisation of loft.

Possibly more of a problem is that the metaphor is diverging from current culture in that the role of the attic was first taken over by the garage, and, as garages are converted to living space, is being taken over by the front yard (which I believe is also the case in the USA!).

Actually, in the context of the metaphor, I think that attic may be more used than loft in British English, e.g: http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/27/seven-of-the-greatest-treasures-discovered-collecting-dust-in-the-attic-5169697