Hi Dave F,

I haven’t thought too much about the process at this stage, but I was imagining
it would be done mostly programatically as there are 21,000+ (non-destroyed)
stations.

However, I was anticipating that there would have to be at least some manual
intervention to decide whether OS trig stations near OSM ‘survey_point’s are
the same thing and merge the tags. I’m sure some sort of filtering of
near-certain, possible and unlikely matches between OS trig stations and OSM
survey_points will help, but I’m not convinced that setting a hard limit (e.g.
OSM ‘survey_point’s within 5m of an OS trig station must represent that
station) will work entirely.

If someone created a single CSV of all the triangulation stations *including
flush bracket numbers*, perhaps using the data from
[https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/gps/legacy-control-information/triangulation-stations]
 (which I asked OS about
[http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Gregrs/Ordnance_Survey_triangulation_stations/Licence_emails])
 the flush bracket numbers could also be checked against any existing OSM
‘ref’s.

OS customer services helpfully pointed me in the direction of
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/trigonomy/info as another source of flush
bracket numbers, but I haven’t asked them about licensing, nor have I contacted
anyone from the Trigpointing website at this stage.

Thanks,
Greg.