On 14/09/16 12:47, SK53 wrote:

I've taken FHRS data from Sept or early Oct from 2013 to 2016 and
quickly done a year-on-year comparison to see which FHRS Ids are still
on file from the previous year. I've posted an image of the s/s here
<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsT7bwiXgAAiaTd.jpg>.

I think you are assuming that food businesses actually register, and new owners register the changes, or at least there is someone in the council actually checks for missing food businesses. When I looked at the local registrations a couple of years ago, I came to the conclusion that rather a lot were missing, and whilst I've not checked again recently, either there are a lot with scores of 0, 1, or 2, who wouldn't want to have their score on the windows, or there are still a lot of unregistered food businesses, even just counting cafes and the like, not all the things that quailify.