On 25/09/16 21:34, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Does this not bother anyone else? It is just me? If it bothers lots of
> people, why did those projects shut and why does no-one appear to be
> doing anything about it? I kind of feel I must have missed something big
> as this has seemed like an enormous glaring issue for years, but no-one
> else seems bothered...

CodePoint does not give road names, only a coordinate. What we need is
to add postcodes to every road already in the OSM data. Perhaps that
should be a quarterly project? Although in my book, since 'we' paid the
council rates that paid for building the NSG (National Street Gazeteer),
I see no reason that should not be downloadable data.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL