On 04/10/16 22:35, Andy Townsend wrote:
For completeness, what you get with Apple (at least up to 9.3) is essentially what you
ask for. You specify the use case, so if you ask for "real time location
tracking" that's what you get.

I'm glad someone understood.

I got two off list messages pointing out that the map overlays were OSM. That is not relevant. My point is about contamination of the latitudes and longitudes as the result of using high level location services.

In particular, on the Apple, if you did have snap to roads on and took GPX trace, you would get a tracing of Apple's map of road, even though you never saw that map on the screen.

My concern in this case was that the use of Google Play services may result in being unable to control the location services used and getting its best effort location for an end user, not a pure GPS location.