On 06/10/16 17:48, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> Seems like a silly question, but which tag do we commonly use in the UK
> for suburbs? addr:place?

If you look at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr you will see
there are a few 'ancillary' sub tags including suburb, but there is
little consistency, and despite what the addr:place tag says about NOT
using with addr:street it is the most consistent where a second or even
third line of 'street' data is required.

addr:flat(s)                         flat number(s) within 'housename'
addr:housename ( addr:housenumber )  name or number
addr:street                          From the postcode
addr:place                           Within town area
addr:city             Consitent with Facebook - everywhere is a city :)
addr:county           Which may not match 'postcode'
addr:postcode

The reference doc I'd like to quote is not publically accessible, but
http://www.bitboost.com/ref/international-address-formats/united-kingdom/
is a good summary. Just missing the primary and secondary Building Name
where flats are located within one of a number of buildings on a single
street.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL