On 13-Oct-16 18:51, Chris Hill wrote:
I have written about this process more than once in the past, for
example
http://chris-osm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/homogenised-data-no-thanks.html

I agree with this... any formal tagging schema is going to end up obstructing useful mapping of circumstances which the schema authors didn't consider.

I don't think that general principle should rule out the correction of simple errors, though. In this case I think I might send a message to the original mapper to ask them whether these unusual tags were created inadvertently and whether they'd mind if they were changed to correspond to more common practice.

I'd then happily take "please don't" for an answer, though.

--
Cheers,
John