Perhaps also worth trying to get the flow direction right.

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=water

can be helpful here.

--
Cheers,
John

On 04-Jan-17 15:22, Andy Townsend wrote:
On 03/01/2017 22:34, Rob Nickerson wrote:
Water sounds good.

... and to me too - in fact it's what I've been doing on and off for the
last couple of months, mainly in South Wales bordering areas that I've
been walking where I've noticed that streams are in the wrong places.

OS OpenData StreetView is quite predictable here - it's usually correct
except in the following (checkable) situations:

1) a mountain stream has obviously moved (which you can see from Bing
imagery, even if the latter is offset somewhat)

2) there's been some recent man-made intervention (e.g. a fishing lake)

3) it's a ditch beside a road - the OS tends to draw these in the
"wrong" places for cartographical purposes, but again you can align via
Bing, even if the latter is offset, because you can align the road.

4) the OS often adds a "catographic flourish" at the upper ends of
mountain streams which in my experience (Black Mountain / Beacons /
south of Hay) doesn't exist.

5) Sometimes the OS has the top ends of streams and ditches extending
further than you might think (e.g. through a boggy area). That's the
only one of these 5 that really needs surveying to check.