On 30/08/17 at 10:28am, Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 30/08/17 10:26, Tom Hughes wrote:
>
> > As best I can tell from wikipedia the new bridge is the M90 and under
> > motorway conditions with the old bridge presumably expected to carry
> > non-motorway traffic as the A9000.
>
> So from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-41086779
> it seems it is non-motorway for now but will become a motorway once the old
> bridge has been "adapted for public transport".

I am just double checking things now. As far as I can make out the new
bridge is as Tom said the M90 but with a 40mph speed limit until
October.

To make things more complicated the Queensferry Crossing is open for 2
days, then closed for 6 before re-opening. My thinking is to leave it as
open rather than close it for 6 days.

The old bridge is effectively closed to all motor traffic, until
October/November...

Usefully one of the colleagues filmed the crossing this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25SdGmTPlf0

Cheers
Chris