Drones are used extensively by wildlife charities. Examples I'm aware of
include:

   - 8 cm imagery of individual nature reserves.
   - Pointclouds of imagery & photogrammetric data of cliffs for vegetation
   surveys.

I would think in a couple of years most larger nature reserves will have
been imaged in this way (not least because OSGB does updates on rather a
long cycle for such places).

Ed Loach has been in touch with a company which flies drone imagery for new
solar farm installations.

Whether drone imagery will be at all widely collected in urban areas is a
different thing.

I would imagine it might be more productive trying to get local authorities
to make imagery available. The UK is well-behind the curve on this compared
to other European countries.

Jerry