I have got round to resetting the map projection in JOSM to EPSG:27700 (OSGB
1936 / British National Grid), finally.  I am surprised to find northings
before eastings in the bottom left-hand corner of JOSM, when we reference BNG
positions eastings before northings.  I wonder if this has something to do with
the way latitude is referenced before longitude, usually?  I doubt this can be
changed in JOSM but wondered what others know?  It is rather confusing.

---