Hi David,

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 05:15:25PM +0100, David Woolley wrote:

Using postcode centroids is why so many self contributed business POIs on Google Maps are almost useless for finding the business. I hope no-one is adding POIs based on such data.

I agree. This is why the comparison tool (http://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org/fhrs) doesn't allow users to copy the location of FHRS establishments into JOSM, only to copy tags for an establishment which is suggested as a match for an existing OSM node/way or is already matched using an fhrs:id but has a mismatched postcode.

Thanks,
Greg

--
Twitter: @gregrs_uk