On 2017-12-22 21:41, Dave F wrote:
Hi

FYI user Yorvik Prestigitator has been tagging telephone boxes across
Britain. He assumed some of these are working phones & tagged them as
such, when they're purely ornamental (the ones in my city are recent
additions & have flowers growing out of them at the moment).

When asked for his data's source for this widespread edit & he said "old
photographs". I've asked a couple of times to give further details, but
has not been forthcoming & has added additional ones since. I've checked
to two usable 'streetview' websites, but there's no views for the edits
I checked. I hope he's not using GM. Is there another source I'm not be
aware of?
It would be good to have some better tags for phoneboxes (which may or may not actually contain a working phone). The phonebox is often a distinctive landmark, especially the classic red ones, and many are now listed buildings. I see Yorvik Prestigator is adding the tags for covered=booth and booth=KX300 etc. Are these tags documented anywhere? It seems like a weird use of covered, as that is for things above the object, not necessarily surrounding it.

Why not a specific tag for telephone_box or something?
It would also be useful to tag that it is a classic red phone box, even if you don't know what exact model it is.

Craig