Great project, especially now we have the excellent MapThePaths tool.  One lesson from viewing that is to stress the importance of the designation tag (mea culpa, I've omitted that sometimes in the past ...) Also, can the MapThePaths view have a way of visualising permissive paths - I don't know of another map which could bring them all together.   They are often 'signed' with poorly printed A4 paper documents tacked to posts which rapidly deteriorate, leaving no certain record if visited a while after they are established.
The wiki stub should link to the UK PROW pages

let's get walking,
cheers, Martyn (sobbomapper)