Thanks Jerry and Dave for your quick and helpful responses. Jerry I think
if I just export your overpass turbo query to  JOSM  and then upload that
will restore the relation? I've taken a look at the data and it looks OK to
me. I'll also drop the offender a helpful note. He's an an avid contributor
from the Coventry Way Association

Regards

Brian