My personal convention for temporary closures is to add access=no. Using
access tags for these temporary orders is consistent with how we map
permanent tros.

If the line is altered upon reopening or the path is formally extinguished
then the appropriate changes can be made as and when they occur but we
can't just assume that they will be made (many developments just factor the
line of the path into the design and don't seem a diversion). Wherever
possible it is preferable to retain the object history by amending the way
rather than deleting and adding anew.

Kind regards,

Adam