On 19/09/2018 16:04, Andrew Black wrote:
There is a very big difference

- ceremonial counties exist now and so are in scope for OSM.  As you say here are differences between them and admin counties when unitary authorties are involved
 - traditional counties are an attempt to recreate the past
So I don't think these trad counties have any ceremonial existence any more.  Which means they are just causing confusion.

I live in London. The place I live in has been inb the county of London since 1889. But the traditional county beast says I live in Surrey.

Then you will be familiar with the annual boat race between Oxford and Cambridge universities, at the start of which they toss a coin to decide who will row from the 'Surrey station' and who from the 'Middlesex station'. These counties still have cultural significance today.

--

Steve

---