Like Brian, I am interested if OSM UK can do anything here. I liked his
suggestion of a vote with a minimum number of people (with work done in
advance by volunteers on both sides).

In a semi-related note: Does anyone have the admin boundaries (including
low level such as Borough and District) from 1947? I ask because the
electricity regions were established in the Electricity Act 1947 and I
believe they may still be the same (or largely the same). BTW I want these
for something else - not OSM. But you could argue that if we have public
transport fare zones in OSM then maybe Electricity Regions make sense too.

Thanks,
*Rob*