On 30/11/2018 10:29, Philip Withnall wrote:
An enthusiastic new contributor in the Lakes area has admitted using OS

Unfortunately, I think there are an awful lot of enthusiasts around who think it is more important that their pet subject is mapped than that they should understand IPR rules. Quite a lot admits to be being mapped from Google Street View, although I can't pull up an example at the moment. For many people, the end justifies the means.

data in one of their changesets ­— afaik copying from OS walking maps
is not allowed, and I don’t think any of the OS OpenData data sets
include PRoW designations (I’m happy to be corrected on this).

What’s the right thing to do here?

Notify them by a changeset comment and allow them a reasonable time to correct the problem, or reply. If that fails to happen, or the reply is defiant, contact the Data Working Group.