Changesets have a timestamp attached (the time when you hit upload in the
editor, I guess), so the community (other mappers and data consumers) can
usually assume that the survey date is more or less the same as the
changeset timestamp.

Adding survey date would be redundant unless it's more than a day, week,
etc (depending on area) before you got around to editing and uploading and
the area could have changed in the meantime.

Cheers Ed