Hi folks,

(Inexplicably I haven't joined this list until today. Hi. I've been
around for a while, ask me about power infrastructure sometime.)

We've been chatting about the leisure=common issue in IRC, and I saw
there was some discussion about this here. (Sorry I can't reply to
that thread - I've just joined the list.)

I think common land is one of those legal intricacies we love so much in the
UK, which generally live in the designation= tag, so I've gone ahead
and documented designation=common which already had some use:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:designation%3Dcommon

I'm going to email the tagging list about marking leisure=common as
deprecated, seeing as it's not a great tag anyway, and it's been
removed from the map.

Cheers,

--
Russ Garrett