On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 09:33:22PM +0200, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> It is closed for repairs, so maybe highway=construction construction=primary
> would be better?

I thought about that. But changing from primary seemed more
problematical if it was forgotten.

> It seems that it will be more likely to be caught if forgotten, really old
> highway=construction
> is far more suspicious that old access=no.

That also crossed my mind, but as I have alerted this list, and at least
one other mapper with an interest in the area who isn't on this list, I
doubt that it will be forgotten.

> There is also https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_date
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_date>
> that allows to specify opening date - what makes possible to
> run query detecting objects that are supposed to be open now.

Yes, I guess that is a good idea. I was looking for an end-date, but
'negating' the tag - switching to construction - and the using
opening_date as the negation of "end_date" is neat. Hope routers parse
that sort of thing.

ael