On 08/05/2019 12:46, Andy Townsend wrote:

It's a bit of a stretch, but perhaps some kind of tourist information feature?

Thanks Andy. I think it is intended for locals rather than tourists. It's in a village on a country lane, not a recognised tourist destination.

On closer examination of my original photo, I think it is advertising a themed "pub night" at the local village hall (which is nearby), rather than an actual pub. There is a notice inside with a date and admission charges.

I found this, but it's rather more than a notice board:

https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/62741/best-tag-for-a-community-notice-board

cheers,

Martin.