A couple of things:

   - Guernsey, Jersey & other Channel Islands are not part of the United
   Kingdom, or for many purposes the EU, so their laws are their own concern.
   (Confusingly they have both ISO country codes & ISO region codes as part of
   GB : depending on your usage you may wish to treat them as UK or
   independent)
   - ISO units have been used for restriction signage for a long time (as
   for maxheight, but there dual signage in feet & inches continues). As the
   metric tonne is close to the imperial ton I presume that confusion was not
   a significant issue. Most widespread limits are 3.5t, 7.5t (e.g., in
   Leicestershire to discourage goods vehicles from residential & minor
   roads), and various limits on bridges for safety/avoiding maintenance
   issues.

Jerry