On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 09:35:36AM +0100, Andy Robinson wrote:
> I've just looked at a number of Amazon Logistics in my local area. A lot of
> service roads are getting added which on face value look perhaps to be
>  [snip]
> Anyone else have concerns over benefits?

I noticed a similar problem in a area that I regularly survey. I
contacted them and someone else from Amazon logistics replied
and corrected the mistakes.

Had the original Amazon armchair mapper looked at the history and the source
tags, he/she should have realized that the area was being actively
mapped with regular gps surveys.

Sadly, it is not only Amazon armchair mappers who neglect to do basic checks
before changing things.

So, yes, I have some concerns. But maybe they are doing useful work in
area without local mappers. Perhaps they should be encouraged to be more
careful?

ael