Hi Neil.

I contacted SG recently regarding as updated dataset under OGL v3. A Nicola Chidley from SG said I should use their set on rowmaps. An IT officer also said they were given OS copyright exemption in 2016.

As it's designated paths being added other tags as well as highway should be added as appropriate
foot/bicycle/horse=designated
designation=public_footpath/public_bridleway/restricted_byway/byway_open_to_all_traffic
prow_ref=* (This should be as given by the Local Authority & not some made up concoction which is useful to none.)
surface=*

If the contributor's adding a an unwalked path, a fixme=survey required tag would be useful.

I will try to obtain a more up to date version than 2013, but I won't hold my breath

DaveF