Tagging it as type=memorial and memorial=yes doesn't seem very useful to me.

Even though the wiki doesn't say you can use historic=memorial on a relation, I would tag it as that. It would be similar to this one nearby [1], would still get rendered and be recognised by data consumers. Or failing that, just add it as a node.

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/7838824