I meant you should use an account that clearly belongs to the company. I guess you could have an account for each relevant employee, but that will cause problems when an employee changes job, either internally, or to another employer.

Definitely do not use the same account to submit personal contributions and company ones.

On 21/10/2019 12:37, Edward Bainton wrote:
Thanks, David.

Discussion ongoing on the legal list, but FYI from Frederick Ramm, who opines:

 > PS: I would strongly advise against using a "corporate account" that
 > groups the activities of many individuals as it makes communication
 > between the group/company members and other members difficult, and good
 > communication is a cornerstone of every successful organised editing
 > activity.

I don't know if that's precisely what you meant, but here for info (without judgment either way)

Edward

On Fri, 18 Oct 2019 at 20:08, David Woolley <for...@david-woolley.me.uk <mailto:for...@david-woolley.me.uk>> wrote:

    On 18/10/2019 17:43, Edward Bainton wrote:
     > *If an employee edits the map in the course of their employment,
    has the
     > work been adequately licensed to OSM/the big wide Open?*

    I think it is true worldwide that employers have the copyright in work
    for hire, and only they can licence the use of their copyright.  If the
    map is being edited at the employers request, the employer should
    create
    an OSM account for such purposes.

    In the UK, if you day job is producing copyrighted maps, you will
    almost
    certainly find that anything you attempt to do on OSM comes under the
    employer's copyright.  California, in the USA, is a notable
    exception to
    this.