On 27/04/2020 10:56, Jez Nicholson wrote:
Note that the vast majority of the points in the Way were pre-existing. Any fix should leave them in place.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 10:54 AM nathan case <nathanc...@outlook.com <mailto:nathanc...@outlook.com>> wrote:

    I’m fairly sure Potlach (assuming you want to tackle this via a
    browser editor) allows you to delete larger areas in one go –
    rather than deleting point by point.

I believe I've resolved this in https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/84189877 - please let us know if all is OK.

For completeness, that was done in JOSM using the reverter plugin.  It also deleted the three extra nodes added in https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/82728827 .

Potlatch 2 would also have worked, but I'd have needed to delete the 3 new nodes separately.

Some combination of  "revert.pl" "undo.pl" and/or "delete.pl" in the OSM revert scripts https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Revert_scripts would have worked, but I'd have needed to explicitly say "yes please delete the new way and the 3 new nodes".

Best Regards,

Andy