On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 16:56, SK53 <sk53....@gmail.com> wrote:
> OpenRoads from the Ordnance Survey contains a field containing the toid for
> the street name. I wonder if we should include these alongside usrn & uprn.
> They may be more useful than either for gathering complex roads which share a
> name.

I'd tend to see the TOIDs are just an internal ID used in OS MasterMap
and not something that there's much value in adding to OSM. I'd have
thought that that USRN should be a sufficient unique reference number
for highways. (Everything in OS MasterMap has a TOID, and actually I
think streets have two -- one for the centreline geometry, and one for
the bounding polygon. If we start adding TOIDs for streets, where
would we stop?)

However, from a practical point of view, if you want to check OSM for
completeness against OS Open Roads, then having the TOID in OSM would
be useful. But perhaps a better solution would be to persuade OS that
they should be including the USRNs in OS Open Roads -- as these are
now the promoted 'gold standard' open unique identifiers for streets.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker