On 18/09/2020 21:27, Mateusz Konieczny via Talk-GB wrote:
I encountered https://github.com/osmlab/name-suggestion-index/issues/4140
and it is hard to me how it should be decided.

I'd say that Jewson is primarily a trade outlet. Although they do advertise themselves to the consumer (DIY) market, the reality is that the majority of their revenue, and the largest part of their customer base, is trade.

FWIW, I'd also say that Screwfix, Selco, Travis Perkins, Buildbase and Plumbase are also trade, but B&Q, Wilko and Wickes are consumer. All of them do operate in both markets, so it is something of a judgment call for all of them. But they do, generally, focus more on one side than the other.

(I used to work for a division of the parent company that owns Buildbase, Selco and Plumbase - I'm partly responsible for parts of the Buildbase and Plumbase websites - and we were pretty clear in our minds about which companies were our trade competitors and which were our consumer competitors).

Mark