On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 at 15:29, Nick Whitelegg via Talk-GB
<talk-gb@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> A shame really, an open, standard API - and accompanying open source clients
> to the API - adopted by all councils for problem reporting would be a great
> thing to have.

It would indeed be great. An open standard for this already exists --
it's called Open311. I don't think there's very much adoption of it
though. See https://www.open311.org/ and
https://www.mysociety.org/2013/01/10/open311-introduced/ . Fix
MyStreet can make use of it where it is available, and some of the
councils they have collaborated with may well support it.

If anyone is looking to create some sort of reporting tool for PRoW
faults, I'd suggest a system that will use Open311 if the council
supports it, and otherwise send the report through FixMyStreet.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker