Dec 6, 2020, 15:05 by sk53....@gmail.com:

> I was wondering if there were any equivalents elsewhere.
>
> Closest I can think of is > this location
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/208540348#map=15/47.1728/9.7746>>  between
> Feldkirch & Bludenz, which although described as a goods vehicle checkpoint
> from my personal experience is also operated as in internal custom checkpoint
> (and therefore amenity=police might be wrong too). As a group travelling from
> Zurich to Soelden many of us were stopped for a passport/car check. A friend
> who worked in marketing for BAT was driving a company van, and was hugely
> amused at the idea that smuggling cigarettes from Switzerland to Austria
> might be a way of making money.
>
> Close to the Poland/Belarus borders there are > Border Guard
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Guard_(Poland)>>  stations, such as >
> this one <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/198471176>> . I think these are
> mainly concerned with immigration rather customs. Certainly if travelling in
> a car with non-local numberplates one can be expected to stopped & documents
> checked (first time was stressful as unexpected & about 5:30 in the morning).

Looking at description in Polish it seems to be about handling smuggling and
illegal migration,
not about handling customs of legally traveling cargo (AFAIK it would happen at
border crossing,
such as https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/52.47616/23.35744 ).

BTW, it should be probably tagged as police-type force, not as military-type
force.

On their website they imply that they enforce ban on presence on part of a
border
("od znaku granicznego nr 303 do znaku granicznego nr 317 wprowadzono zakaz
przebywania na pasie drogi granicznej").

> Even traditional land borders with heavy duty border controls don't seem to
> be tagged in an obvious way:

For example see
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/700736522#map=16/52.4744/23.3651
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/700736522#map=16/52.4744/23.3651&layers=N>
- just fence mapped and some objects inside, no tag for the entire feature