On 08/12/2020 15:11, nathan case wrote:
I am interested as a path I recently mapped is a PROW but is very dangerous to
cross. It is now marked as disused:highway=path with
access=discourged;designated but it is stilla PROW (byway open to all traffic
in this case):https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/93427676

In that example, "Cross Bay Walk - DO NOT ATTEMPT" violates "name is only the name". It may or may not be possible to justify "Cross Bay Walk", but the "DO NOT ATTEMPT" is not going to be a valid part of the name.

Unless there is a sign saying "unsuitable for pedestrians, horses, and vehicles", or similar, I would say "access=discouraged" violates "do not tag for the renderer". The wiki specifically says that an official sign is required before using "access=discouraged".

"warning" appears to be non-standarised, and also subjective.