Hi

Yes, you should clean up duplicates but if possible please follow these rules: * don't deduplicate objects which have a tag "paho:id". Rather add a relation as described here http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Hospitals#Duplicates . * if there are obvious duplicates of nodes/ways *not* having a tag "paho:id" with nodes/ways *having* a "paho:id" then please remove the node without "paho:id", but make sure that you merge the already mapped tag sets

> Secondly, is there a reason why most of the names are in all caps in OSM, even though this is not the normal convention for names in OSM? That's because the data from the PAHO master list is formatted that way, at least in most cases.

You are of course free to clean-up whatever you want. There is a certain risk, though, that your updates get overwritten with the next import.

Regards
Karl