Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me.

1. I can appreciate people protecting the investment in time and effort, but
perhaps someone could look over the last 48 hours of notes and see if there are
acceptable sources.

2. What sources can be used?

* Primary legislation - acts. Technically copyright of the Oireachtas, but (a)
public record (b) available under PSI.
*
 Secondary legislation - SIs - orders, regulations, etc. Technically
copyright of the issuing organisation, but (a) public record (b)
available under PSI.
* Other governmental documents (not OSi).
Technically copyright of the issuing organisation, but (a) public record
 (b) available under PSI.
* Council and other bye-laws. Technically copyright of the issuing
organisation, but (a) public record (b) available under PSI.
*
 Council documents, e.g. minutes of meetings, polling schemes, street
name directories. Technically copyright of the issuing organisation, but
 (a) public record (b) available under PSI.
* Planning applications
(for names, not drawings). Technically copyright of the issuing
organisation, but (a) public record (b) available under PSI (c)
available under Planning Acts - only the original drawings, etc. are
copyright of their creators.
* Property owner websites, e.g. getting
the names of train stations from the Irish Rail website. While there may
 be rights, I don't think anyone could claim copyright. A slightly
different example might be the Aviva Statdium, where there is Trademark,
 but no copyright and no passing off.
* Property owner websites, e.g.
 getting the names of a business from their website. There is Trademark,
 but no copyright and no passing off.
* Press releases - people want you to publish this information and are
effectively giving an unrestricted licence.
* Other publicity materials, e.g. public consultation brochures.

3. This is me and a map of Fingal I created:
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87331754&postcount=28  I
 have used many sources, from personal knowledge to people on boards.ie,
bye-laws, SIs, web searches, newspaper articles, bus timetables -
and the usual suspects. There is months of effort and it is genuine
research. Is this acceptable?

Colm