HI all

Sorry to bring this up again on the list but can you guys check that I am doing
this speed zones correctly

Here is an overpass query that will show you what’s done already.
http://overpass-turbo.eu/index.html

<!--
This query wil find all roads marked with an enforcement type of maxspeed
-->
<union>
        <query type="way">
        <has-kv k="maxspeed"/>
        <has-kv k="enforcement" v="maxspeed"/>
        <bbox-query s="51.72022261695932" w="-11.217041015625"
n="54.17529672404642" e="-5.9326171875"/>
        </query>
</union>

<print mode="body"/>
<recurse type="down"/>
<print mode="skeleton"/>

The road through Charville for example has two speed limits throughout the
speed enforcement zone, 50 and 100. What I’ve done is split the road into parts
with separate speed limits on them instead of marking the whole road section as
50;60;100

So now I know when I’m in the 50 or 100. I think there might be a 60 in there
so I will fix that on Tuesday on the way down to Cork. All road sections
between the start and end of the speed camera signs are tagged as
enforcement:maxspeed. Is this ok?

So querying this data I now know the entry and exit points and the actually
speed limits on any part of the road so that I can display the speed limit and
raise audible alerts intelligently as you drive on these sections.

Has anybody got other opinions on how this can be done?

Thanks
donie

ps: I’d love if people started helping out to get these mapped. If I get a
commitment to get them done I can get the app out sooner and it will
automatically get updates are done on OSM.