Last year using Maperitive I created a page with the Townlands, Civil
Parishes and Baronies of County Carlow. with no detail outside the
county.Will bring a copy on Sunday. Not knowing how else to, and as a one
off,  I slowly over a morning added pieces to a Josm file and then
painfully weeded the edges!

Now hope to do the same for Longford and Wexford when they are intact but
hope someone can explain to me how to download the data, internal to a
county, using either overpass API or XAPI.

I do remember seeing  'as_in'  somewhere but cannot remember the context.

I have since tampered with my maperitive file so that although is still
draws the borders I have lost the ability to print a townland/civil
parish/barony name within the outlined area. Maybe someone familiar with
Maperitive might have time on Sunday to look at my rules file please.

bye for now