On 24/10/2014, John Kennedy <jkenned...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you want the reserve/freeing process in Mapcraft apply to when you
> are editing the townlands in OSM or just when perparing the
> map/rectification in mapwarper?

No need, only reserve your slice during the mapwarper stage:

* For townlands mapping progress we already have an excelent automated
website, no need for a manual mapcraft process.
* OSM itself (as opposed to mapwarper) already has tools to deal with
edit conflicts. And you can map in one corner of the sheet while
somebody else maps in another.
* Mapping townlands can take a lot longer than rectifying the sheets.
* That mapcraft instance only cares about the OOC map, not the
townlands. The two may be linked, but rectifying the GSGS map is
interesting even outside of townland mapping.