Thanks. "stick with the boundary markings as they exist on the map sheets":
if you scan the lake edges of e.g. Lough Neagh, Gara, Derravaragh, Allen
etc. that have lowered lake levels the traced townland boundaries all now
match the new lake level, so I think the map sheets have been ignored and
new boundaries have been drawn. Maybe others who have been tracing lakes
with dropped lake levels can comment?

Killian Driscoll
Banting Postdoctoral Fellow
Département d'anthropologie