Hi,

Adding individual Eircodes shouldn't be a problem. Adding the whole database is
another matter. Facts can't be copyrighted, databases can.

So just like I can read the name of an office on a sign and add it to OSM, I
can do the same when I read the Eircode off their business card.

On 17 July 2015 11:30:55 GMT+01:00, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:
>What better way to ignore than come to the conclusion that the data
>can't be included in OSM and needs to be removed when it turns up?

Whatever the merits or de-merits of the system, it is the official post code
system. I map a lot of business. Some of them (gambling, e-cigarettes), I would
prefer not to map, but on OSM I'm a mapper, not an activist. If you don't want
to add Eircodes, don't. But I think it would be wrong to delete Eircodes.

Colm