I've been following the project with great interest but there's a number of
limiting factors preventing us doing the same at the moment, specifically
addressing (townland project fixes that) and location of the schools.

The dept of ed here releases a monthly file with all schools info for the
country but lacks location information.

However, with the onset of open data in the government, there are a few
options that will allow for combining datasets to get what we need.

For example add
* Dept of Education schools file (school data)
* Polling stations datasets (location data)

Gives a combination of school info and location together.

Sadly the polling station datasets are done at County council level and so
far I've found only 2 released under cc-by.

More will follow, but right now that's what is holding back something like
this in the south.

I've contacted the dept of education to ask for location data and was told
no, with no elaboration. But that was a long while back. It might be worth
chasing them up again

Dave