Prior to a visit to Carlow yesterday I perused the council web page for
maps, see link below:

http://carlow.maps.arcgis.com/apps/PublicGallery/index.html?appid=
463a5f06db5040e4863a8f2bc8f452fd&group=c94e864d25da4f4f8e7f5e68e3ebd47b

Of about 15 maps all powered by ESRI They have correctly attributed one to
OSI and one to OSM (CC-BY-SA). Most of the others appear to be by OSM but
although carrying the   Powered by ESRI logo they seem to have neglected to
attribute them to OSM.

I called to the Council and their IT people, who were properly upset, have
contacted the ESRI. Today they contacted me to advise no meaningful
response yet. They will keep in touch until the omissions are corrected.
They are considering withdrawing the unattributed maps until matters have
been put in order.

Perhaps you might prowl around YOUR local Council website in case perhaps
this is more widespread than just Carlow.

Is there someone somewhere in OSM that I should copy this to?